ŒGallery Album

KGV Hall Opening 1966

The King George V Hall was officially opened by local resident Dr. (later Sir) Barnes Neville Wallis on Saturday October 1st 1966.

Sir Barnes Neville Wallis, who with several others in 1947 gifted the land in trust to Effingham Parish Council. He is shown here in 1966 cutting the ribbon at the opening of the new Hall